Thursday, December 13, 2007

Before 1am

I'm celebrating my first night for the first time in weeks to go to bed before 1am.
Things I learnt in the previous 36 hours:
1. X'mas is scary, esp when there are 108 Santa dancing on the same stage.
2. Radio City and New York are self-referential, very. And there should be someone looking into the problem of kitsch, rockefeller, phallism and leg-fetishism...
3. Tolstoy and Eastern Orthodox share certain Messiah 'complex'.
4. My comparative Expressionismus project is not hierarchy-conscious enough, though I'd be very curious to hear what Lu Xun would tell me on that.
5. Writing, regardless of which language you are using, takes always longer than you expect.
6. Pearl Buck once debated with some congressman on issue of Chinese Exclusion Reform.
7. Boxing Indemnity has a seriously mysterious history and mysteriously serious aftermath.
8. Frustration kills.

And very happily, I bid you all, gute Nacht.

3 comments:

Angela said...

writing才是大大的mysterious,totally unpredictable, which makes it scariest!!!!

rongengle said...

re... or speaking too... speaking well with difficult content. an equal miracle requires mysterious sources of energy.
sigh... am feeling very low today.. damn.
.......
hey, am i going to be invited to your other blog?

Angela said...

That was supposed to be a memo on what I read daily. research papers and book chapters. Sure you can get through, but I stopped keeping tracks quite a while ago!